The nation’s only dedicated organization for fishermen’s welfare
Suhyup Foundation operates various tailored welfare programs for improving fishermen’s quality of life.
- Location : (05510) Ogeum-ro 62, Songpa-gu, Seoul
- Tel : 02)2240-0412
Purpose of Establishment
Suhyup Foundation was established with the aim of promoting education and support for fishermen and activating welfare projects to protect and cultivate fishermen and to contribute to the maintenance and development of fishing villages and to improve fishermen’s quality of life.
- Developing future talents in fishing villages
- Providing scholarship for fishermen’s children and fishermen themselves
- Running dormitories for fishermen’s children attending colleges or universities in the metropolitan area
- Resolving medical welfare blind spots in fishing villages
- Supporting medical expenses and health checkups for fishermen in medical blind spots
- Supporting medical volunteer activities of hospitals under a medical support agreement in fishing villages
- Supporting fishermen’s living environment in fishing villages
- Providing air purifiers and air conditioners/boilers to support the safety and comfort of elderly fishermen vulnerable to harmful air, etc.
- Improving residential environment in fishing villages to improve living conditions and quality of life for fishermen
- Supporting multicultural families’ visiting to their mother country to contribute to the settlement in fishing village society